For our very first E3 hub here at GBL we’re going to give you the best guide on the internet for finding the dates, streams, and expected announcements for E3 2019. Keep it here as we keep you up to date as the conferences go live.
GOOGLE STADIA CONNECT
Stadia’s formal reveal to the gaming masses went live with the promise of many of the biggest multiplatform games coming to the streaming service, and they talked price points as well as some announcements ahead of E3 including Baldur’s Gate 3.
What we know:
- Google Stadia promises high-end gaming streamed to your PC, TV, tablet or smartphone anywhere on the web powered by their exclusive gaming data centers. Google advertises stadia streaming to be faster than you can react to.
- A limited launch under Stadia Pro will be coming later this year. You can expect the buy-in to be $129.99 USD. Also included with your Stadia Pro purchase is the full collection of Destiny 2.
- We were officially given the download requirements for your preferred resolution for Stadia.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming from Divinity studio Larian to PC and Stadia.
THQ NORDIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Publisher THQ Nordic has revealed their 3 biggest titles ahead of E3:
- Destroy All Humans! is getting a remake from Black Forest games. Check out the trailer.
- The fourth Darksiders is Genesis, an action RPG with a co-op focus developed by a studio founded on the original Darksiders artists. Darksiders: Genesis is a prequel.
- Spongebob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is also getting a remake under THQ Nordic.
First details of the Jedi: Fallen Order game are coming out alongside the presentation and we can expect to hear more from the stream. We now know the game is an action-adventure with a skill point based system and is including an authentic Star Wars protagonist to tell a canon story.
4PM ET, June 9th
Xbox had a huge conference with tons of upcoming games announced. Check out everything we know:
- Xbox Game Pass comes to PC for $5 monthly
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate adds Gold for $14.99
- Outer Worlds gets a release date in first trailer of the show
- Elden Ring is the next action RPG by From Software, collaborated with George R.R. Martin
- Phantasy Star Online 2 comes to NA in 2020 on Xbox One and PC
- Borderlands 3 gets a release date, plus the free story episode for Borderlands 2 it out now for free.
- Keanu Reeves confirms the Cyberpunk 2077 release date in new trailer
- Leaked Bleeding Edge by Ninja Theory is confirmed
- Double Fine confirms Xbox Game Studios acquisition, Psychonauts 2 gets a trailer
- Battletoads gets another trailer
- Dragon Ball: Kakarot is the next DBZ RPG
- Now’s a good a time as any to announce a new Flight Simulator
- The Terminator is coming to Gears 5
Check out the Project Scarlett and Halo: Infinite cinematic previews from GBL TV:
8:30 PM ET, June 9th
Some bizarre announcements in the lead-up to our Doom Eternal release date reveal:
- Todd Howard has asked Elder Scrolls fans for “patience” as Starfield is the priority before anything comes out of The Elder Scrolls VI. That was the case, as nothing was announced at this conference for either title.
- Doom Eternal has been a long-promoted launch title for Google Stadia and is expected to be the big reveal of the show. Check out the trailer above.
- Fallout 76 is getting NPCs, faction and a more traditional content approach in Wastelanders.
- There’s a Battle Royale coming this month to Fallout 76 if that’s your thing.
- Elder Scrolls Blade is getting a Switch port later this year.
- Wolfenstein Youngblood coming next month, free game for your buddy if you buy deluxe.
PC GAMING SHOW
The PC Gaming Show has come and gone. Check out some highlights:
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall lands this August.
- Chivalry 2 is an Epic Store exclusive, coming 2020.
- So is Shenmue 3, apparently.
- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 has gameplay trailer, launch date in Q1 2020.
- Terraria: Journey’s End is a huge free update. 800 items!
- Get Nekros Prime for free if you watch the upcoming Warframe Empyrean demo coming to Twitch.
4PM ET, June 10th
Cinematic trailers and a Roller Champions demo are the highlights of the Ubisoft E3 show:
- Control anyone in Watch Dogs: Legion as we all expected.
- Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is the next chapter of the franchise. Oh, and it’s getting a Terminator crossover as well.
- Rainbow Six Quarantine is a 3-player tactical co-op shooter.
- You can play Ubisoft’s new Roller Champions right now before it releases in 2020.
9PM ET, June 10
Quite a few big announcements from Square Enix at their E3 Show:
- We finally see Tifa in Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s (newest!) launch trailer.
- Marvel’s Avengers brings 4 player co-op action with an original take on the World’s Mightiest Heroes.
- The next chapter in one of the biggest MMOs on the market, Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is coming later this month to Early Access for pre-orders on June 28 while the expansion launches on July 2nd. Check out the story trailer.
- Final Fantasy VIII is the next game in the series to get remaster, coming this year to all consoles and PC.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 gets the first remix in DLC labelled Re:Mind coming this year.
12 PM ET, June 11th
The list of playable games for Nintendo’s E3 presence has been confirmed as:
- Pokemon Sword and Shield versions
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Other games we can expect to return to the Direct include Platinum’s next game Astral Chain and news about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s next DLC fighter.
Keep it here at GBL for the most important announcements from E3.